What to expect after your pet has been vaccinated
Vaccination is the most common veterinary preventative measure in history. It’s a safe and effective way to protect pets and people from serious disease.
It’s common for your pet to experience mild side effects from vaccination. Typically starting within hours of vaccination, any symptoms are most often mild and usually do not persist more than a few days. This is a normal response by your pet’s immune system during the process of developing protective immunity.
Common symptoms your pet may experience
- Mild fever
- Decrease in social behavior
- Diminished appetite or activity
- Sneezing or other respiratory signs with intranasal vaccines
- Discomfort or mild swelling at the injection site
Rare symptoms could include
- Swelling to face and legs
- Repeated vomiting or diarrhea
- Whole body itching
- Difficulty breathing
****If your pet experiences any of these rare symptoms, you should contact us immediately, as your pet may require additional medical treatment.
Leave A Comment